Sep 11, 2018

Before and we got the floor (April)

 The first step in our kitchen/entry way/ Dining Room remodel was the floors. First Bo had to get them clean. The laminate flooring was fairly easy to remove but the old vinyl that was probably what was put in when the house was built was a pain. Bo had to scrape it up.

 So cerement floors while we waited for the tile.

 The wall paper is also coming down and the light is getting replaced in the entry way.

 The border in the kitchen was also removed.

 And the wall paper in the Dining Room.

 I got to go pick out granite for the new counter tops. My choice was Volga Blue. Volga Blue Granite is a stunning stone that has earned its reputation as one of the most attractive stones on the market. It is quarried in limited quantities in Ukraine. It almost looks like an opal to me or Mother of Pearl. As you can see it has blue/green and even a tad of purple spots in it. And then there is the silver swirls with a touch of bronze hidden in it. There is a lot of color and movement in this granite.
 
 We had to take everything out of the cabinets. It's very hard to do a complete remodel when you are living in the house.




 The floors are getting prepped. A water proof barrier is being put down.

 The Tile is here.  The Tile is Tesoro Rox Series Color Dust

The Rox collection is the newest generation of digital ink jet technology tile.  The soft yet dramatic graphics give this series an authentic earthy look.
The Dust color is interesting as it is a mix of neutrals and seems to change color depending on the light.
This porcelain tile has similar characteristics found in a slab of honed granite. Large chunks of blue grey and pearly white are scattered throughout filled in with smaller swirls of speckled tan and cream. 
It's the same tile I have in the Master Bath.


 And the paint is here. I love Valspar's 2018 Colors of the Year. Glass Slippers for the Laundry Room, Emerald Ice for the Kitchen and top of the Dining Room and Flood Tide for the bottom of the Dining Room and Family Room (which is the next remodel and the one we are on now), Tempered Gray for the Entry Way and Urban Sunrise which I have to say I prefer it's name Frisky Whiskers at Ace Hardware and Kitty Whiskers at Independent Retailers to the name Lowe's stuck it with. Anyway the Urban Sunrise/Kitty Whiskers is the trim.

 The tile is getting laid.

 This is what the kitchen looks like without cabinets.

 The tile was laid by Moore's Floors.





 The is the Glass Slippers with the Urban Sunrise/Kitty Whiskers trim.


 I discovered my Note 5 was perfect for taking a picture and then scribbling on it.

There is going to be a wall for my microwave cabinet, then a pass through then a wall where the cook top is then another pass through.

Sorry I am so late with sharing the remodel. It looks beautiful and I can't wait for you to see it finished. ~Alasandra

1 comment:

  1. Remodels are no fun when you are in the middle of it but the results are so worth it.

    ReplyDelete

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.