I took this picture shortly before we ran into the outer edges of the Hurricane, after that it pretty much rained all day. I did manage to get my swim in. Unfortunately neither Bo nor I remembered to put the card out for coffee so no room service coffee for us. We were both so tired after Cozumel that we went to bed without thinking about it and if you forget about it the night before it's ... Oh Ship!!! After we got back from Cozumel Saturday we had to go look at the pictures they took Friday Night and then I had a massage scheduled so it was a full day. I would have much rather gotten my massage and looked at the pictures on Sea Day Sunday which was deadly boring but they wouldn't allow this. You pretty much have to do stuff when they tell you to do it. Also since we had to look at the pictures at 6:45 Saturday, we couldn't eat in the Jubilee Dining room because our meal time was 6PM and it took a good hour or more for you to finish eating. Service is slow but also you get an appetizer, an entree and desert at a leisurely pace.Our dining companions were interesting (they seat you with the same group of people at the same table) So it was sandwiches from the deli again. I didn't care for the Lido Buffet it's cafeteria food that frankly you could get better at any of the Biloxi Casinos.So when we didn't eat at Jubilee my choices were a sandwich from the Deli, a cheese pizza with or without herbs (pizza variety was sadly lacking) or I could have gotten a hamburger (Bo did the first day for lunch) but the hamburgers didn't really appeal to me.Sadly we only managed to eat in the Jubilee Dining Room Twice Friday for Elegant Evening and Sunday.
Free beverages are also unappealing your choices are very bad tea, lemonade (I actually liked the lemonade but I didn't want to drink it all the time) and so so coffee (it wasn't bad, just not great) Bottled Water is $3.75 for a large bottle you also have the option to buy a case of bottled water which is a better deal but I don't really like drinking water. They have a soft drink package you can purchase but I don't drink soft drinks and they also have a Drinks package you can purchase but unless you drink a LOT of alcohol it's not worth it. And ALL the adults in the room have to purchase the same package.
The Seaday Brunch which we did Friday was OK I got Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon but it took forever for the waitress to take our order. And the Eggs Benedict was barely warm when I got it. The Cheesy grits I got as a side were good though. We would have probably done it again Sunday but since we didn't remember to put the Coffee order out we wound up eating at Lido where I got a good omelet. I just had to stand in line for it. Lido opens earlier, than the Seaday Brunch does. You can pretty much eat at Lido whenever you want, the Dining Rooms have specific times.
The massage was heavenly. I have no complaints there. You do need to be aware they add a 16% gratuity to the charge. Bibi was great so I didn't mind, but after the massage she did try to sell me a bunch of products. I would have much rather went directly back to my room and went to sleep which is what I did after the sales pitch was finished. And again this would have been a GREAT ACTIVITY for Seaday, but since I had a special offer I couldn't get it then.
Really can't complain about Friday's Seaday, I had a nice swim. Then we did the Seaday Brunch. After that I went to a shopping seminar (I won't be doing it again, the free bracelet you got for attending isn't worth it) but I had to leave it early to get to the Ladies Pamper Party. OK the Pamper Party wasn't what I expected they billed it as a free makeover all we really did was wash our faces off, apply moisturizer and eye cream. That was it. But we did get a special offer for a massage (which made attending worth it). I was expecting foundation, blush, lip stick, eye shadow, hair I mean MAKEOVER to me implies MAKEUP. So it was a bit of a disappointment but the massage offer made up for it.
Then I had gotten a certificate for a free photo sitting and a $100 voucher so I went to activate it. And discovered we either had to do it Friday (Elegant Evening) or Saturday during port day. And since I actually wanted to get off the ship and visit Cozumel that meant it had to be Friday. The problem was I didn't know where Bo was and had to find him. Before I had left for the Pamper Party he told me he was going forward on the ship so I didn't really think it would be a problem. I thought he would be sitting where he did Thursday but he wasn't there and there is a lot of forward on the ship. I went to the top deck where he did his walking Thursday but he wasn't there either. I wound up contacting guest services and they were able to tell me where he last purchased something. He was in Serenity (I had actually forgotten it was forward on the ship, we had to go down several decks and walk through a restaurant to get to it) so I walked there and found him. We stopped and got a drink (bar tenders are incredibly slow aboard the ship it takes forever to get drinks) than rushed back to the cabin to change for our pictures and then it was time to dine. After that we did the Comedy Club. The guy was funny and it was very enjoyable and then we went to bed since the next day was port day. So Saturday was pretty much packed full of activities and sort of rushed. Bo did install the chat feature for another $10 ($5 per person) after that BUT since he had his I-pad as well as his phone with him and put it on both devices he didn't always get his messages. Which was aggravating...Bo also got Internet but only one of us could use it at a time.
Sunday was completely different. We missed the only two activities that I was interested in Game of Thrones Trivia (I was swimming) and then Lord of the Rings (trivia) Bo was walking. After that there was nothing either of us was interested in. It was pouring down rain so the miniature golf was out and there was a waiting line for the ping-pong tables (they only had 2). I packed up except for the stuff I would need the next day and that evening and then was Bored out of my Skull. The choppy water made it impossible for me to read without feeling sick and there was nothing on TV. And frankly I didn't go on vacation to watch TV I can do that at home. So the day part of Sunday sucked except for the swim and I did get a longer swim than usual since it started raining and the drunks stayed away.
The evening was really nice.
It started out with dining in the Jubilee Dining Room.
We had Baked Alaska for desert.
After that we went to an 80s and 90s Musical Trivia which was a hoot, stopped by to pick up our pictures and by that time I was exhausted and ready for bed. But there were a lot of things to do after we went to bed. It's a pity some of those activities couldn't have been scheduled for earlier in the day.
(Monday) And while to me getting on the boat was really easy getting off was something of a nightmare.
Overall I had a good time and would go again, a different cruise line would probably be more to my liking Carnival seems to cater to people that want to party all night and sleep all day. ~Alasandra
Free beverages are also unappealing your choices are very bad tea, lemonade (I actually liked the lemonade but I didn't want to drink it all the time) and so so coffee (it wasn't bad, just not great) Bottled Water is $3.75 for a large bottle you also have the option to buy a case of bottled water which is a better deal but I don't really like drinking water. They have a soft drink package you can purchase but I don't drink soft drinks and they also have a Drinks package you can purchase but unless you drink a LOT of alcohol it's not worth it. And ALL the adults in the room have to purchase the same package.
The Seaday Brunch which we did Friday was OK I got Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon but it took forever for the waitress to take our order. And the Eggs Benedict was barely warm when I got it. The Cheesy grits I got as a side were good though. We would have probably done it again Sunday but since we didn't remember to put the Coffee order out we wound up eating at Lido where I got a good omelet. I just had to stand in line for it. Lido opens earlier, than the Seaday Brunch does. You can pretty much eat at Lido whenever you want, the Dining Rooms have specific times.
The massage was heavenly. I have no complaints there. You do need to be aware they add a 16% gratuity to the charge. Bibi was great so I didn't mind, but after the massage she did try to sell me a bunch of products. I would have much rather went directly back to my room and went to sleep which is what I did after the sales pitch was finished. And again this would have been a GREAT ACTIVITY for Seaday, but since I had a special offer I couldn't get it then.
Really can't complain about Friday's Seaday, I had a nice swim. Then we did the Seaday Brunch. After that I went to a shopping seminar (I won't be doing it again, the free bracelet you got for attending isn't worth it) but I had to leave it early to get to the Ladies Pamper Party. OK the Pamper Party wasn't what I expected they billed it as a free makeover all we really did was wash our faces off, apply moisturizer and eye cream. That was it. But we did get a special offer for a massage (which made attending worth it). I was expecting foundation, blush, lip stick, eye shadow, hair I mean MAKEOVER to me implies MAKEUP. So it was a bit of a disappointment but the massage offer made up for it.
Then I had gotten a certificate for a free photo sitting and a $100 voucher so I went to activate it. And discovered we either had to do it Friday (Elegant Evening) or Saturday during port day. And since I actually wanted to get off the ship and visit Cozumel that meant it had to be Friday. The problem was I didn't know where Bo was and had to find him. Before I had left for the Pamper Party he told me he was going forward on the ship so I didn't really think it would be a problem. I thought he would be sitting where he did Thursday but he wasn't there and there is a lot of forward on the ship. I went to the top deck where he did his walking Thursday but he wasn't there either. I wound up contacting guest services and they were able to tell me where he last purchased something. He was in Serenity (I had actually forgotten it was forward on the ship, we had to go down several decks and walk through a restaurant to get to it) so I walked there and found him. We stopped and got a drink (bar tenders are incredibly slow aboard the ship it takes forever to get drinks) than rushed back to the cabin to change for our pictures and then it was time to dine. After that we did the Comedy Club. The guy was funny and it was very enjoyable and then we went to bed since the next day was port day. So Saturday was pretty much packed full of activities and sort of rushed. Bo did install the chat feature for another $10 ($5 per person) after that BUT since he had his I-pad as well as his phone with him and put it on both devices he didn't always get his messages. Which was aggravating...Bo also got Internet but only one of us could use it at a time.
Sunday was completely different. We missed the only two activities that I was interested in Game of Thrones Trivia (I was swimming) and then Lord of the Rings (trivia) Bo was walking. After that there was nothing either of us was interested in. It was pouring down rain so the miniature golf was out and there was a waiting line for the ping-pong tables (they only had 2). I packed up except for the stuff I would need the next day and that evening and then was Bored out of my Skull. The choppy water made it impossible for me to read without feeling sick and there was nothing on TV. And frankly I didn't go on vacation to watch TV I can do that at home. So the day part of Sunday sucked except for the swim and I did get a longer swim than usual since it started raining and the drunks stayed away.
The evening was really nice.
It started out with dining in the Jubilee Dining Room.
We had Baked Alaska for desert.
After that we went to an 80s and 90s Musical Trivia which was a hoot, stopped by to pick up our pictures and by that time I was exhausted and ready for bed. But there were a lot of things to do after we went to bed. It's a pity some of those activities couldn't have been scheduled for earlier in the day.
(Monday) And while to me getting on the boat was really easy getting off was something of a nightmare.
Overall I had a good time and would go again, a different cruise line would probably be more to my liking Carnival seems to cater to people that want to party all night and sleep all day. ~Alasandra





No comments:
Post a Comment
No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.