Sep 5, 2019

Cozumel Mexico (My Favorite Day of the Vacation)

I was so excited about visiting Cozumel that I got up early another glorious sunrise and you can see the lights of Cozumel.



The Royal Caribbean ship berthed next to us was much bigger than our ship and later a larger Carnival ship that had been diverted due to Hurricane Dorian put in.

Our excursion wasn't until 10AM and we were able to disembark around 8:30 so we had time to look around the port area a little. This morning in addition to having coffee delivered I asked for muffins and croissants, so we had that for breakfast as well as the delicious cookies L left for us.

If we had had time I would have loved to have done the carriage ride you know me HORSES!!!

They had a small park here.

I enjoyed looking at the plants.


And the wildlife.


There was a small "beach" area where you could sit, we sat here for awhile waiting for our excursion.

The water is so BLUE, this picture doesn't do in justice.

We got another couple to take our picture after we took theirs. Although when you disembark you will be bombarded with people in costume wanting to pose with you the ship photographer takes your picture and later you can purchase it onboard the ship. They are really expensive though. And they never took one of me and Bo together with the person.


And I unfortunately don't have any pictures of our snorkeling adventure. Maybe Bo does. I had a lot of fun but due to the Hurricane the water was choppier than normal so it was a bit of a strenuous swim and the flippers were too wide for me so they kept trying to fall off. Between the flippers and the current I had to ride the paddle board to shore. Our tour guides Carlos, Charley and Giovanni were great. They kept up with us and Giovanni gave me the paddle board ride back to shore. You wore life jackets as well so you were very safe in the water.
 
We also got to do the Mayan Ruins at San Gervasio the Mayan's built it  for the Goddess “Ixchel”. (Moon Goddess). Our guide Raul was very interesting and entertaining. 












I also found some wildlife.


I loved these plants.

This was a little area right before you entered the ruins with bathrooms and decorative statues.




It was a lot to do in one day.  After this we went to eat a late lunch and did a Tequila tasting. I actually discovered I like Tequila especially the aged and the craft Tequila my favorites were the Passion Fruit and the Chocolate Tequila.



We had to rush to get back on the ship. We did an Expedition booked through Carnival so they had to wait for us to get back. BUT there was a really long line getting back onboard. We pulled away not long after we got onboard.

Getting to visit Cozumel was my favorite part of the cruise. There are actually people who never get off the ship when it's in port. To me the ship is just a nicer way than flying or driving to get where I want to go. But in all honesty I would have preferred to have flown to Cozumel and gotten to spend 3 days exploring the island. It's beautiful there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.