Oct 10, 2018

Coming Together Nicely (Kitchen)


 The granite looks fabulous, it looks even better now that we have the backsplash. It was installed by W. E. Wade Tile.  And I LOVE my stainless steel sink. I really like the Kohler faucets in the Master Bathroom so I went with the same thing for the kitchen, KOHLER K-15253-4-CP Coralais Kitchen Sink Faucet, Polished Chrome

 Love the way my cooktop looks on the granite. Wish I wasn't such a messy cook because it's a pain to clean, but it really does look nice. And does a fabulous job cooking. I have two Power Boil burners a burner for melting things and one for keeping things warm. We got the Cooktop from Lowe's and it's a GE.
 The oven is a GE too as is the Range Hood. I'll be honest I haven't used the Oven that much I use the microwave most of the time and the few times I have used the oven I have used the Traditional choice instead of the Convection but I have been very pleased with it's performance so far. I haven't needed to clean it yet so I can't tell you anything about that but it did an excellent job boiling chicken and baking homemade pizza. I also love the fact that I can control it from my phone, and that when I am outside it will ring my phone to let me know it's through cooking.

Item #: 687953 | Model #: CT9050SHSS

The Range Hood seems loud to me but I love the light and it looks great.

 I absolutely adore the microwave cabinet and the microwave/convection oven. The Microwave is a Kitchen Aid. It has so many different options.

EasyConvect™ Conversion System
Takes the guesswork out of convection cooking by ensuring exceptional results when experimenting with new recipes or familiar favorites.
1.4 cu. ft. Capacity
Provides large cooking capacity while complementing your convection oven.
All my dishes fit perfectly.

Broil Element

Combines the high power and even coverage needed to achieve results similar to outdoor grilling results.

Crispwave™ Technology and Crisper Pan

Allows the microwave oven to be used for grilling, frying, and convection cooking. The specially designed crisper pan can be used to brown, crisp, and pan-fry foods.

Sensor Steam Cycle with Steamer Container

A sensored microwave oven cycle that allows precise steaming based on the food type and doneness level selected. Includes a steamer container to help you get the best results.
 I love the Steam cycle. I have steamed Salmon in there a few times and vegetables, they turn out wonderful. This is hands down my favorite new appliance, and I use it the most.

I have really enjoyed the steam feature, it cooks salmon, shrimp, oysters and fresh veggies to perfection. I made the best cheese toast in the Convection Oven, and the crisping pan delivers tasty hamburgers, bacon and fried eggs.  It's easy to use and it does a wonderful job defrosting food. It's very spacious too. I have used the convection feature to cook casseroles, bake bread and make cakes and it's done an outstanding job. I really enjoy cooking again.

Somebody on the Kitchen Aid site mentioned the red steamer bowl melted. Obviously they didn't bother to read the instructions. It clearly states to only use the steamer bowl with the steam function. The accessories they provided are all very nice. I have a crisper pan to use with the crisp function, a metal rack that you can use to put your own dishware on for baking as well as a baking tray. And the steamer bowl. They all wash up well and are a pleasure to use with the functions they are designed for, but you do need to read the manual so you will know what to use when.

I love the way the door opens like a regular oven it makes it so easy to get dishes in and out I have mine at counter level in a microwave  cabinet and it's perfect. I gave the specs to the cabinetmaker and the microwave fit perfectly

The only thing I would change about it is the handle, but that is just cosmetic. The Microwave and Convection Oven Work Great and make it a pleasure to cook, I love all the options it has.

I looked at all the microwaves on the market and this one had the most options and did the most. I always wanted an extra oven at Thanksgiving. Now thanks to this wonderful microwave I have it.

I have had the microwave for 7 months and I still love it. 


 Love the granite windowsill.


 I am thrilled with the refrigerator cabinet. We have a really SMALL kitchen so I had to have a small refrigerator, there wasn't a lot to choose from in the size I needed but I am pleased with the refrigerator. The freezer is really spacious.
 I love my new cabinets. The Furniture Bottoms give the illusion of more space in my kitchen. And the drawers are so spacious, it's much easier to organize and find things. And the dishwasher is so quiet and I absolutely LOVE the third "top" rack it's perfect for putting the lids to your Tupperware and other small or flat things. I put the crisper pan for the microwave on the third rack.
 I gained a few inches of counter space by extending the cabinets closer to the door.

And this niche is going to be for my cup collection, really can't wait for you to see it with the tile added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.