No Gravestone Unturned: by Debbie De LouiseMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I won this book as part of the Cool Cats and Feline Fantasies Grand Prize.
I loved the cats. This is the first book I read in the series so I wasn't familiar with the backstory of some of the characters and not really interested in what Halloween Costume they were going to wear. To me it had a really slow start, Noah's body isn’t discovered until chapter 11 –so to be honest I was a little bored until then. I am used to much faster paced mysteries where the body is usually discovered in the first chapter or at least by the second.
I did enjoy hearing about the old town legend, and it was neat how the legend actually had a part in the murder. Once the murder happened I did enjoy the puzzle of who killed Noah and why. And while I did suspect the killer was George, I couldn't guess his accomplice.
I enjoyed reading about Sneaky, Kittykai and Salem and I loved the fact that Bradley adopted a cat at the end of the book. If you want a feel good book, a murder with no gore (Noah was hit over the head with a shovel) and a mostly happy ending this books for you.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.