Mar 23, 2020

Highfire by Eoin Colfer

HighfireHighfire by Eoin Colfer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am a huge fan of Artemis Fowl Collection so was really pleased to see he had another book out. Unfortunately this to me wasn't as good.

The opening was promising and I was really enjoying it until he killed Waxman off. Waxman was one of my favorite characters, after his rather sad (he didn't even put up much of a fight) ending, which in my POV served no purpose other than to show Hooke was a no good scoundrel which we already knew and had he lived I think he could have contributed a lot to the banter as well as the plot.

Pretty much a standard boiler plate plot crooked Constable has it in for the poor Cajun boy and has the hots for his Mom. Waxman and Vern were where it deviated from the standard they aren't human and Waxman and his bag were intriguing. Vern could be played by "Rambo" a sort of out of shape Rambo who is way to fond of cable TV, but that's pretty much what he brings to the table when the Cajun boy "Squib" gets kidnapped by the crooked Constable Hooke.

I am assuming this is going to be a series if so I hope he finds a way to bring Waxman back, although the way he was killed makes it highly unlikely.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.