When we first moved in I referred to this as the utility room as it was so blah Really why do builders think we want to look at icky boxes and huge water heaters? First the Room was painted Glass Slippers
Hubby put shelves above the Washer and Dryer. I love them everything I need is within reach, it's very handy.
Next I created a curtain rod out of PVC pipe.
Next step painting it.
A cute place to hang the dog leashes.
While I was painting I also painted a picture frame.
It took several coats.
Flanges (also painted) provided the base for the curtain rod to hang.
The Glass Slippers works well with the Flood Tide accent door and the Urban Sunrise trim. And the Garden Discovery Valence adds a nice touch. The rug is a nice mixture of Teal, Gray, Cream and white and work well with the Dust Tile.
The Tile is Tesoro Rox Series Color Dust
I found this dragonfly hanger at Lowe's it's perfect for hanging the broom on.
And now back to the curtain alcove I created.
I had to get a hook to place in the ceiling to anchor the curtain rod, this was unexpected as none of the blogs that featured this mentioned it. Kudos to the nice guys at Lowe's who helped me find the things I needed.
The curtains were a happy find as they match the colors in the rug perfectly. And it looks so nice not to see the hot water heater.
I love my new laundry room.
- Dusty Lilac (Lowe's: 1003-8A Glass Slippers / Ace: VR061C Twilight Bloom / Independent: V077-3 Twilight Bloom)
- Healing and peace. Looking for a sanctuary for inner peace, holistic healing and spirituality. We draw from a mix of eastern and western influences to find our balance.
Hubby put shelves above the Washer and Dryer. I love them everything I need is within reach, it's very handy.
Next I created a curtain rod out of PVC pipe.
Next step painting it.
A cute place to hang the dog leashes.
While I was painting I also painted a picture frame.
It took several coats.
Flanges (also painted) provided the base for the curtain rod to hang.
The Glass Slippers works well with the Flood Tide accent door and the Urban Sunrise trim. And the Garden Discovery Valence adds a nice touch. The rug is a nice mixture of Teal, Gray, Cream and white and work well with the Dust Tile.
The Tile is Tesoro Rox Series Color Dust
The Rox collection is the newest generation of digital ink jet technology tile. The soft yet dramatic graphics give this series an authentic earthy look.The Dust color is interesting as it is a mix of neutrals and seems to change color depending on the light.
This porcelain tile has similar characteristics found in a slab of honed granite. Large chunks of blue grey and pearly white are scattered throughout filled in with smaller swirls of speckled tan and cream.Chimera approved of the Simplehuman Pet Food Cans. They are air tight and stainless steel. A stainless steel garbage can completed the look along with the gray and white shelf paper. I also found some lovely teal and gray containers to keep things in. They are so handy for taking cleaning supplies to other parts of the house.
I found this dragonfly hanger at Lowe's it's perfect for hanging the broom on.
And now back to the curtain alcove I created.
I had to get a hook to place in the ceiling to anchor the curtain rod, this was unexpected as none of the blogs that featured this mentioned it. Kudos to the nice guys at Lowe's who helped me find the things I needed.
The curtains were a happy find as they match the colors in the rug perfectly. And it looks so nice not to see the hot water heater.
I love my new laundry room.

















Nice makeover. It's good to get things the way you want them.
ReplyDeleteHave a fabulous day. ♥
Your laundry room looks great. The curtain is a good way to hide the hot water heater and it's always nice to add storage.
ReplyDeleteLucky Mom ... since lots of time gets spent in there, it should look GOOD!
ReplyDeleteWow what a great makeover. Dad says he got some ideas from you since we are finally finished the "nuts and bolts" of our new house and decorating is in the air.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful job! I especially love the curtains used to cover the things that are not nice to look at!
ReplyDeleteJan, Wag 'n Woof Pets