Oct 1, 2019

Death in Focus (Elena Standish #1) by Anne Perry

Death in Focus (Elena Standish #1)Death in Focus by Anne Perry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have to admit once she killed Ian off I lost interest. I think Ian and Elena would have made a great duo. Also it all seemed a bit too contrived and implausible.

***Spoiler

While attending a conference in Amalfi Elena meets Ian who works for M16, they agree to journey to Paris together but Ian is killed on the train. With his dying breath he ask Elena to warn Roger Cordell (at the British Embassy in Germany) that Scharnhorst was going to be assassinated and his death blamed on M16. Elena takes the message to Cordell (who she knows from when her Father was the German Ambassador) but he fails to stop the assassination. Elena is framed for Scharnhorst death and is forced to go on the run.

Walter helps her to get home to her Grandfather Lucas (former head of M16) but then attempts to kill her to pay Lucas back for naming his Father a traitor. Grandma Josephine saves the day by shooting Walter.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.