Bloody Genius by John Sandford
My rating: 2 of 5 starsI usually like Flowers books more than this but the action was all over the place. When a Professor winds up dead in a library carrel after hours Virgil is brought in to solve the crime. And I have to say like Virgil I didn't figure out why Quill was killed or who did it until the very end of the book. Even with Harry (the customer at the bar) giving a HUGE HINT.
Quill is in a feud with Professor Green but you don't kill people over academic differences do you? Nash is a con artist who makes his living off stealing research, but he has an alibi. The current Mrs. Quill will get more money since Quill died before their divorce went through but she is cleared fairly soon in the novel. And nobody else really seems to have a motive and the CLUES are often contradictory and bizarre. Then Brett, Megan's (daughter of the deceased) boyfriend is killed with it staged to look like suicide and a confession written on his stomach and the pieces start to fall in place. Unfortunately to prove Virgil's theory Megan has to put her life on the line.
View all my reviews
Somehow I missed #11, I have it on hold and should be reading it soon. Virgil and Frankie are expecting twins.
No comments:
Post a Comment
No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.