MICHAEL WILLIAMS expressed dismay in his letter to the editor
Yes, trim the budget, but use common sense that Congressmen Palazzo voted to defund Planned Parenthood and Public Broadcasting while also reduce the funding available for Pell Grants. While I am upset by these cuts, I am outraged that
MY TAXMONEY is being used to Fund Nascar race cars.
McCollum called the tens of millions of dollars in taxpayer funding for NASCAR race cars an “absurdity.”
McCollum said she will introduce new legislation to prohibit taxpayer funds from being used for motor sports sponsorships, including $45 million earmark for NASCAR and race track owners.
Apparently pap smears and mammograms for women, public broadcasting which provides shows that help educate our children (Sesame Street) as well as shows that enrich us culturally and provide community connections not available anywhere else and helping low income students afford college aren't as important as race cars.
I suggest you join me in asking
Congressmen Palazzo how he can justify funding NASCAR while defunding Planned Parenthood, PBS and cutting the funding for Pell Grants.
No comments:
Post a Comment
No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.