Jul 11, 2022

The Silent Sister (Riley MacPherson, #1)

The Silent Sister (Riley MacPherson, #1)The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Serious plot holes detracted from the enjoyment of the book. Really I am supposed to believe when their teenage daughter turned up pregnant her parents didn't bother to find out who the Father was? I am supposed to believe that a U.S. Marshal didn't notice his daughter was being abused by her music teacher? and I am supposed to believe that when his daughter shot the music teacher in their home he didn't bother to INVESTIGATE the circumstances? Then when he helps her fake her suicide I am supposed to believe he brought Tom into the picture. I mean really you go to the trouble of faking your daughters death so she can avoid prison and you bring someone unreliable into the plot?

Then there is this entire Lisa/Ann/Jade will go to prison for murder if anyone finds out she is alive. I really think a good lawyer could get her out on self defense and PTS. I mean really you expect me to believe that a jury would have convicted a 17 year old girl who shot the man who molested her as a child and raped her when she was 14 and who came into her home and threatened to take their daughter from her? I get Jade didn't want Riley to know her Father was a rapist, but...

And then there was the fact nobody bothered to tell Riley that she was adopted or that her sister had been accused of murder. Her Father had a secret life where he hung out with Jade and her family and nobody not even his girlfriend guessed?

And nobody noticed that the fiddle player for a blue grass band looked an awful lot like the violinist wanted for murder?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.