Never by Ken FollettMy rating: 1 of 5 stars
Really surprised I didn't like it better as I normally love Ken Follett's books. It's set in the future and we have a woman President, Pauline Green, (Republican) whose daughter is acting out and her husband is constantly complaining that she doesn't spend enough time with her Mother.
Abdul is working undercover to bring down al-Farabi and the ISGS, he is currently riding on a bus that ISGS is using to smuggle drugs as well as people.
Tamara is a CIA agent who has started a steamy affair with a wealthy agent from the DGSE, Tabdar Sadoul. And who is at odds with her boss Dexter. Tab has plans to fly Tamara to a vacation destination on his family's private plane. Plans that were almost derailed when she saw him talking to an ex-lover.
I am on Chapter 13 (page 254) and have to return the book to the library, but I have found it slow going for the most part. I hope it improves further along but I have found it really hard to get into.
I was able to get the book back the next day but this is the mos BORING political thriller I have ever read. Sadly the book ends with the United States and China embroiled in a nuclear war, mainly because everyone is acting like a bunch of kindergartners on a school playground.
Really hope Follett doesn't write anymore political thrillers and goes back to the historical fiction he does so well.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.