Not sure why I started this series at book 19 (I am actually baffled about how I woulnd up witht the book).
Lover Unveiled by J.R. WardMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
I only gave it three stars because I found all the acronyms (many of which I couldn't decipher and google didn't know) annoying.
Mae is determined to bring her brother back to life and in order to do so summons a book. The book seems to be alive and comes with a lot of baggage, namely a demon (Devina) who wants the book in order to find "her true love". And Devina is willing to kill anyone who gets in her way, along with killing couples who have found their true love.
Sahvage has been searching for his cousin (Rahvyn) for centuries. He was sworn to protect her and died doing so. Rahvyn used the book to bring him back to life and now he is immortal. But it's Mae who brings his heart to life and he will protect her at all cost.
In the end Devina walks away with the book, Mae gives up her quest to bring her brother back to life and lets him go in order to embrace her future with Sahvage. And Sahvage is reunited with Rahvyn (who he somewhat fears) and Lassiter (the angel) is puzzled that he never saw Rahvyn in his visions.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.