A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley CashMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
The only thing that kept me from giving it 5 stars was I found the switching between 3 different characters POV annoying and distracting. I wished Adelaide had told the entire story as I found her character the most interesting and compelling.
The story begins with Adelaide witnessing a death and the cover up that ensued leading to her decision to keep the kids out of the church as long as Chambliss is the pastor. When Christopher (one of the children in her care) is taken into the church for "healing" his death leads her to open up to the sheriff about what happened years ago.
Christopher is as mute in death as he was in life but his brother Jess brings to life their discovery of their Mom and Chambliss together, Christopher's getting caught by Chambliss and the events surrounding Christopher's death. And how to late to save his brother, Jess eventually tells what he saw leading to more death.
The Sheriff, Barefield also has a voice but he too addresses the past the friendship between his son and Ben Hall, his son's death and the past that threatens to drag him under if he remembers too often.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.