- Turn Coat by Jim Butcher - when Morgan is falsely accused of murder he turns to Harry for help. Unfortunately he brought a skinwalker to town with him. When the skinwalker kidnaps Thomas Harry not only has to find a way to clear Morgan's name and uncover the traitor in the White Council before the Wardens execute them both he has to find a way to defeat the skinwalker and save Thomas.
- Changes by Jim Butcher - Harry finds out he has a daughter (Maggie - named after his Mother) who has been kidnapped by the Red Court of Vampires. He will make a deal with Mab to become the Winter Knight, in order to save her. He discovers his Grandfather's identity and leads his friends into the battle of their lives.
- Ghost Story by Jim Butcher - I don't want to give to much away but everyone thinks Harry is dead. His friends are in a pickle and Harry as a spirit is doing his utmost to help them but will it be enough. And is Harry really dead?
- Dark & Stormy Knights - a collection of short stories including Even Hand by Jim Butcher.
- Mean Streets - a collection of short stories including Warrior by Jim Butcher.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I enjoyed this book a great deal, I actually got interested in it because of all the criticism of it in The Sun Herald and was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the book. When Haymitch discovers Peeta's love for Katniss he devises a strategy that allows them both to survive the hunger games. The book ends with them returning home and Katniss being unsure of her feelings for Peeta and long time friend Gale.
- No Good Deed by M.P. McDonald - I found the plot unbelievable, if my kid had been whisked off to some secret location and accused of being a terrorist I would be moving heave and earth to find out where he was and get him out so the fact that Mark's parents basically were content not to know puzzles me. Never really felt a connection with the characters. This was the first in the series and I probably will not be seeking out the others. (Read on my Kindle Fire)
- Naked City edited by Ellen Datlow -A collection of short stories including A Dresden Files Short Story Curses by Jim Butcher
Sandra's Place ~ Favorite recipes, reading list, book reviews, gardening tips and anything else that strikes my fancy.
May 31, 2012
Alasandra's Reading List ~ May
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love to read the Dark & Stormy Knights - a collection of short stories including Even Hand by Jim Butcher. I learned a lot from this book.
ReplyDeleteDog Shock Collar | Puppy & Human Bond