Jun 27, 2011

Vyckie Garrison states ultra-demanding lifestyle of Quiverfull is a recipe for abuse, neglect, burnout and insanity.

Born to Breed: An Interview With Quiverfull Walkaway Vyckie Garrison was eye opening.

Vyckie Garrison: Political domination is a core principle of the Quiverfull worldview. Quiverfull’s proof-text, Psalm 127, promises that the man whose quiver is full of arrows “will not be ashamed, but will speak with the enemies in the gate.” We were taught that in Bible times, the city gate was the place where male leaders made decisions regarding local government.

The whole point of having a quiver full of babies is to
1) out-populate the “enemy,” that is, the godless, liberal, lesbian feminists, and
2) launch those many arrows “straight into the heart of the enemy.” And by that, we meant that our children would grow up to be leaders in all the major institutions of our society: Faith, Family, Education, Art, Business, Media, and Government — this is known as the“Seven Mountains doctrine.”


I see the Quiverfull movement accelerating the implementation of patriarchal and dominionist ideas and policies using an impressive marketing saavy (see above) which is proving frightfully effective among the Evangelical population.


The Quiverfull movement not only affects those Evangelical Christians who choose to follow it's percepts but through politics attempts to control the lives of non believers.

2 comments:

  1. I recall my head shaking when I first read and/or heard about this 'thinking' -

    AND it is still shaking today -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really worried about the future of America. We have a personhood amendment on the ballot here in Mississippi that if it passes will destroy women's rights to reproductive freedom.

    ReplyDelete

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.