Hundreds of grieving families have been targeted by the Westboro Baptist Church, which believes military deaths are the work of a wrathful God who punishes the United States for tolerating homosexuality.
The government should put a stop to this churches harassment, these families deserve the chance to grieve their loved ones in peace. I usually champion freedom of speech, and if they want to spew this filth in their own "church" or homes I support that BUT they should not be allowed to target grieving families at their loved ones funerals.
Father wages court battle against funeral protests - Nation Wire - SunHerald.com
This one hits close to home for me -
ReplyDeleteThis happened in my part of Pennsylvania -
"They" were to be back in the area on Monday to protest at Millersville University in Lancaster County but instead took 'their' mission to West Virginia -
Thanks for sharing this one...
I feel so sorry for the families. Bad enough they have lost a beloved family member but to have to "put up" with these misguided protest.
ReplyDeleteI don't understand how anyone could behave in such a hateful manner.