Apr 29, 2017

DEEBOT N79

My Mom and Dad love the DEEBOT N78 I got them for Christmas so I was beyond thrilled when ECOVACS asked me to be a product tester for the DEEBOT N79.



We have a mixture of laminate floors, tile and carpet in our house, and we have 4 cats and 2 dogs that continuously shed so keeping the floors clean is a challenge.

Day 1- I unpacked it and put the side sweepers on (very easy to do) and started charging it. I also put the app on my phone. It recommends charging for 4 hours before your first use. Once it was charged I gave it a test run in the family room (carpet) kitchen/dining room and entry hall (laminate). It did great picked up LOTS of cat and dog hair and my floors were very clean afterwards. The DEEBOT is very easy to empty and the filters are easy to clean, they even provide you with a special tool to clean the filters and roller.



Day 2 - I cleaned the Master Bedroom (carpet) while I got dressed for the day. It did a fantastic job, it was even able to go under the bed where my normal vacumn can't go. The one small problem was it couldn't get under the foot-board and it kept getting stuck, but it would beep to let me know and it was a simple matter to help it get unstuck.  One of the cleaning options is to have it just clean around the edge of a room and this is fantastic it gets the dirt around the baseboards that my normal vacumn cleaner misses. It also didn't seem to know how to go back to the docking station from the bedroom, but it was a simple matter to guide it with the remote and once it got back to the family room where the docking station is, it had no problem with the home command. I can't believe how much cat hair it picked up and how it manages to fit so much into the compartment. I also vacuumed the study (carpet) I love the way it can go under Bo's desk and get all the cat hair out from under there.

Day 3- I used it in the bathroom on the tile floors and again it did a fantastic job on the places it could get. I have very small bathrooms so there were a few places that it was unable to go.

I am so pleased with it. It is very quiet you can barely hear it so I can use it whenever I want and no one complains. It is so quiet you can even watch TV or listen to music while you vacumn the room. It does a great job picking up pet hair and other dirt that has gotten down in your carpet. The side sweepers ensure that the floor along your baseboards is also cleaned and due to it's small size it can go under beds and desk where upright vacuums can't reach. I love everything about it and would be hard pressed to pick a favorite aspect it's everything you could want in a vacumn quiet and efficient. 

I use the DEEBOT about 3 times a week to clean the entire house and it keeps my floors super clean. I use the Spot Option every day to pick up the cardboard from the cat scratcher that my cat shreds, it's super easy to direct it to the spot I want cleaned and let it do it's thing.

The cats are reserving judgement but they don't seem too bothered by it.


We have discovered one small problem. The switch to send it automatically vacuuming is on the top next to the blue light you see in this photograph. Little Chimera has stepped on it a time or two and turned it on. For most people this wouldn't be a problem, who wouldn't mind getting an extra floor cleaning, but I worry about cords being left out or the cat's toys getting stuck in it. I solved the problem by corralling it with the baby gate.

~Alasandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.