Sep 11, 2014

Eradicate, Treat, Stop, Prevent Breast Cancer just don't Cure it

I saw the PINK out again and thought I would republish.

After deciding to boycott Susan G. Komen "for the Cure®" Foundation I decided to search for other ways to help eradicate, treat, stop, prevent (I don't dare use the C word cause Komen's bullies might accuse me of copyright infringement) breast cancer. Here are some ideas:

 Donate to
  1. Breast Cancer Action
  2. Breast Cancer Fund
  3. Planned Parenthood (for those who wish you can specify that the donation only be used for Mammograms)
  4. Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
Organize Walks, Runs, and other Fundraisers to ERADICATE BREAST CANCER, TREAT BREAST CANCER, STOP BREAST CANCER, PREVENT BREAST CANCER.  Don't use Komen's trademark slogan so they can't sic their bullies on your fundraiser. 

Since I will no longer purchase products sporting Komen's pink ribbon I'll donate the difference between the product I do buy and the pink ribbon product. For example when I buy cereal I'll bypass the brand sporting the pink ribbon (which generally cost more) and buy another cereal. If it's cheaper I'll donate the difference to one of the above charities. If the price is the same I'll figure out the percentage the charity would have received and send that at the end of the month. So while Komen's will not be getting any of my cash breast cancer research and prevention will not be losing out. And yes, it'll mean more work for me, as I'll have to keep track of the difference/precentage and mail in a check to the charity instead of conveniently paying at the cash register BUT knowing a bully won't be receiving my funds makes the extra work worth it.

Cervical Cancer  and Ovarian Cancer which don't have cute little pink ribbons and a foundation giant like Komen associated with them lose out on funding and research to breast cancer. So please consider remembering Cervical and Ovarian Cancer as well when you donate.

Ovarian Cancer Research Fund
Foundation for Women's Cancer

and the American Cancer Society helps fight ALL cancer.

To read all my post on why I am boycotting Komen click here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:21 AM

    Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google,
    and found that it is really informative. I'm going to watch out for brussels. I'll be grateful if
    you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

    Here is my web site: click the up Coming web site

    ReplyDelete

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.