Oct 19, 2016

Wish You Were Here (Mrs. Murphy #1)

Wish You Were Here (Mrs. Murphy, #1)Wish You Were Here by Rita Mae Brown
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Loved all the animals in the book, but I was rather hoping the murderer would kill all the people in Crozet off.

Postmistress Mary Minor (I can't stand her nickname, so I will refer to her as Mary) noticed that all the recently deceased received postcards with tombstones on them shortly before their murder. Mary along with her cat Mrs Murphy and her dog Tucker, will aid Sheriff Rick Shaw in solving the postcard murders in Crozet.

I love the sketches throughout the book of Mrs Murphy and Tucker.

Was rather sickened by the advocating of culling the sick (I guess the author is a fan of Eugenics)  and all the political tangents the book went off on. The book seemed to be more interested in pushing feminism and other social issues than actually solving the murders. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.