Aug 4, 2016

The One I Left Behind by Jennifer McMahon

The One I Left BehindThe One I Left Behind by Jennifer McMahon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Very disconcerting how it switches between the past and the present and doesn't move in a linear fashion. The book begins with Vera (Reggie's Mom) who was supposedly the last victim of the Neptune serial killer being found alive. She is dying from lung cancer and seems to be mentally unstable. She is unable or unwilling to tell the police anything about the Neptune killer. Reggie moves back home with her Aunt in order to care for her Mother. The book seems to revolve around two questions, who is Reggie's Father and who is the Neptune killer?

When the Neptune killer takes Tara (Reggie's childhood friend and Vera's nurse) Reggie is determined to track down the killer herself. But when Reggie puts her trust in her Father, she discovers too late that he is Neptune. Will she be able to outwith Neptune and save herself and Tara, Or will the Neptune killer, claim two more victims.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.