Jun 15, 2014

The Invention of Wings

The Invention of WingsThe Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

A fictionalized account of Sarah Grimke's life. I don't know how the book I read can be the same that has received 4 and 5 stars. I found the book to be mediocre at best. With very little character development. It alternates between Sarah's voice and Handful's voice and to be honest I found Handful's story the more compelling of the two. Sarah seems to spend a lot of time feeling sorry for herself while Handful, her Mother Charlotte and sister Sky are struggling just to stay alive and together. Would have probably enjoyed the book more if Kidd had chosen to just tell Handful's story and develop her character more, the story seemed contrived when Sarah was speaking.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.