Nov 19, 2013

Pukka's Promise: The Quest for Longer Lived Dogs

Pukka's Promise: The Quest for Longer-Lived DogsPukka's Promise: The Quest for Longer-Lived Dogs by Ted Kerasote
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Kerasote's love for Pukka and Merle shine through. He offers some thought provoking information. I have to admit that I was disappointed he choose to go to a breeder for Pukka rather then adopt from a shelter. According to Nathan Winograd "17 million people are looking for new animals each year If just 20% adopted from shelters we could zero out the killing". Poverty determines how many healthy pets are KILLED. The United States ranks 27th out of 31 developed nations when it comes to overall poverty. Europe does a much better job of insuring a decent standard of living for it's citizens and thus KILLS for fewer healthy pets.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.