May 18, 2012

I guess

I guess it is easy to claim that the majority of you constituents hold your views when you don't even bother to read their emails. I just received this from Congressman Palazzo.

May 18, 2012
 
 
 
Dear Mrs. Alawine:
 
Thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts regarding H.R. 3803, the D.C. Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act. As your Congressman, I am committed to putting the needs of Mississippi families first and knowing your views and ideas on Federal legislation is critical in order to best represent you.  To this extent, your comments and ideas are always appreciated. 
 
As you may know, the District of Columbia, as our nation's capital city, receives most of its laws from the Congress of the United States.  Given the original jurisdiction for legislative matters in D.C., Representative Trent Franks (R-Arizona) introduced H.R. 3803 on January 23, 2012, to prohibit the performance of abortions beyond a period of gestation at which scientific and medical evidence shows the unborn child is capable of experiencing pain.  H.R. 3803 has been referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security and the Subcommittee on Constitution of the House Judiciary Committee, as well as to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.
 
This legislation is an important step toward protecting the lives of unborn children in our nation's capital.  Being a proud Pro-Life congressman, I certainly share your support for this legislation.  In fact, that is why I have signed on as a co-sponsor of this legislation, and while I do not serve on any of the committees to which it is currently referred, I look forward to supporting and voting for this legislation should it come to the floor of the House.
 
As I close, let me again thank you for contacting me and helping me to better understand the concerns of Mississippians. If there is any assistance I can provide or if you have additional thoughts and opinions, don't hesitate to contact me.  As a reminder, please visit my website www.palazzo.house.gov and sign up for our E-newsletter for updates on issues in legislation.
 
 


Sincerely,
 
Steven M. Palazzo
Member of Congress

Considering I am PRO-CHOICE and am disgusted by Congressman Palazzo's support of this bill his response to my email is irritating. Why bother to contact your Congressman with your views IF THE IDIOT ISN'T EVEN GOING TO BOTHER TO READ THEM, and will just assume that you agree with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.