Apr 18, 2012

Fox News at it again

Fox crucified Hilary Rosen, for telling the TRUTH.

“With respect to economic issues, I think actually that Mitt Romney is right that ultimately women care more about the economic well-being of their family and the like. But he doesn’t connect on that issue, either. What you have is Mitt Romney running around the country saying well, you know, my wife tells me that what women really care about are economic issues, and when I listen to my wife, that’s what I’m hearing. Guess what? His wife has actually never worked a day in her life. She’s never really dealt with the kinds of economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing in terms of how do we feed our kids, how do we send them to school, and why we worry about their future.”

Apparently pointing out that Mrs Romney is a housewife is unacceptable, why it is on a par with Rush calling Ms. Fluke a slut. Silly me I didn't realize housewife was a dirty word. In fact I am very proud to be a housewife and I am thankful for my good fortune. I would hardly get bent out of shape if someone mentioned that I was a housewife although unlike Mrs. Romney I have worked outside the home. And it is hardly irrelevant, do any of us really believe that Mr. & Mrs Mitt Romney have any idea of how tough it is for single mothers to make ends meet? For that matter do we really believe that with all their millions they can relate to the many Americans who struggle to put food on the table and keep a roof over their heads? Of course the Romney's have had struggles in their lives but their money has cushioned any hardships they have faced.

Now Bill Donohue, has declared WAR ON Jon Stewart.You would think the RELIGIOUS RIGHTS WAR ON WOMEN would keep them busy enough, but nope they still have time to declare WAR on a popular satirist.

“We are asking Stewart to apologize. If he does not, we will mobilize Protestants, Jews, Mormons and Muslims to join us in a boycott of his sponsors. Moreover, we will not stop with a boycott; there are other things that can be done to register our outrage. We are prepared to spend the money it takes to make this a nationwide issue, and we are prepared to stay the course..

Laughable considering this is coming from the same group that declared Rush's calling Sandra Fluke a slut OK. Apparently calling a woman who dares to ask for Reproductive Justice before a Congressional Hearing A SLUT is OK, showing an out of focus picture of a manger  between a woman's legs to poke fun at Fox News and their phoney wars...............is UNACCEPTABLE.  Cry me a River. But hey all this phoney outrage should be good for a couple of comedy routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.