- The Footprints of God by Greg Iles - Computer Genius Peter Godin is rich and powerful. When he finds out he is dying from a brain tumor he is willing to do anything to ensure the Trinity Project succeeds and his brain is the one stored in the super computer.When Fielding has serious ethical concerns about the project Godin orders him killed and moves the Trinity Project to a secret location. David Tennant shared Fielding's ethical concerns and realizing his friend was murdered is determined to learn the truth and reveal it to the President of the United States. But once the Trinity Project comes online Tennant must use everything he has learned to talk Trinity into not destroying the world as we know it.
- Bonnie by Iris Johansen - Eve finds Bonnie's grave and discovers her death was a terrible accident. Gallo and Catherine are drawn closer together and Joe takes Ben under his wing.
- The Sleeper Awakes by H. G. Wells - I had trouble getting into this book. Graham falls asleep in Victorian England (1890s) after dealing with a bout of insomnia that nearly drove him to suicide. Two hundred years later he awakens to discover that due to two bequest he was left while asleep he is now the richest man in the world and considered it's Master. But those who have been ruling in his name do not wish to give up their power.Ostrog leads a revolt to free the Sleeper, but he too seeks to use the Sleepers "power" to enslave the masses. Graham chooses to fight for the common people and holds true to his democratic ideals.
- Trixie & Jinx by Dean Koontz - A delightful children's book. I highly recommend it and love it's message "a friend is more precious than pirate gold".
- The Dark at the End by F. Paul Wilson ~ The ONE manipulates Jack, Weezy, Eddie and Glaeken into aiding in The Lady's demise. Jack doesn't realize how much he loved Weezy until she dies in his arms. The ONE was damaged by Jack, but survived due to a good Samaritan.
- Jack: Secret Vengeance by F. Paul Wilson - (Teen) When Carson Toliver (captain and quarterback of the football team) attacks Weezy then spreads the rumor she is easy Jack determines to get even. Jack breaks into Toliver's locker and leaves gifts behind a plastic spider, rubber snake marbles a dead possum for the grand finale, but someone else is leaving gifts a pink sock, a girls ring, a pink headband in Toliver's locker and Toliver becomes unhinged. When he commits suicide the body of a girl everyone believed was a runaway is discovered and Toliver's role in her death comes to light. Jack also meets Mr. Foster (Glaeken), Drexler test Jack and Eddie for the taint, surprisingly Eddie has a little taint in him. And Mrs Clevenger (The Lady) reveals that Jack's miracle conception wasn't an accident.
- Retribution by Sherrilyn Kenyon - Abigail believes that Jess killed her parents and allows the Apollites to inject her with gallu demon blood and starts to hunt down Dark-Hunters in her quest for vengeance against Jess (William Jessup "Sundown" Brady). In the process she kills Old Bear (one of the 4 guardians) and releases the plagues he was responsible for guarding. Coyote and Snake (the 2 dark guardians) are determined to release all the plagues and destroy the world but first Coyote is determined to kill Jess (Buffalo) and Abigail (Butterfly) before they can unite and gain control. Bonus: Soteria gives birth to Ash's son with Artemis' help.
- Immortalis by R. A. Salvatore - Elbryan keeps Pony alive so she can save their son from the Demon Dactyl. Pony joins Prince Midalis to defeat Aydrian but demands that her son be pardoned and allowed to return to Dundalis with her. Freed of the Demon Dactyl Aydrian attempts to repair the damage he has caused and finds support from all the rangers who have passed on, allowing him to survive the restoration of Andur'Blough Inninness.
Nov 30, 2011
Alasandra's Reading List ~November
at 1:00 AM