Aug 2, 2010

Serendipity

Serendipity is a propensity for making fortuitous discoveries while looking for something unrelated.

Mrs Ann over at Zoolatry made a lovey banner for Charybdis' blog. I was looking for a bluish-gray color for the background color to go with the banner when I stumbled on the hex code for quartz. Thinking it was the bluish-gray I was looking for I used it for the background. Turns out it was more of a lavender color. Since I had chores to do and a Hubby around to remind me that I couldn't play with hex codes all day I left it up and ........................I decided I REALLY LIKE IT with the banner. Turns out the banner has some lavender and purple in it that I didn't notice until I used the quartz for the background color. It also brings out the greenish leaves in the pink rose dividers.

I needed new towels for the Master Bathroom and I was TIRED of PINK. First I thought of going with green, but wasn't having any luck matching the green ( soft apple green) in the shower curtain and accessories. Then I thought of going with the purple but couldn't find a match for it either. I wound up going with Desert Gold and am pleased with the results. I'll probably buy some additional washcloths next month as we don't seem to have enough.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!

    How awesome -

    I love THOSE many of those colours!

    Yes, serendipity, Kismet, and Fate are three of my favourites!

    Khyra's Mom ;=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for following and entering my giveaway... I am now following as well and look forward to reading more of your stuff.
    All the best,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.