Jul 23, 2010

Zucchini & Cheese Bread

  • 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese shredded ( 1 cup)
  • 2 oz. grated Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped ( I substituted a banana pepper)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 zucchini, shredded
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • 1/2 cup milk ( may need to add additional milk if mixture appears dry - I put in 1 cup)
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9" x 9" baking pan.

Mix Cheddar and Parmesan cheese. Combine flour, sugar and black pepper. Stir zucchini, red pepper and green onions into flour mixture.  Add beaten eggs, milk and oil, stir until evenly moistened.

Spoon batter into pan and spread evenly. May sprinkle top with additional cheese if desired.

Bake bread 50 to 55 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool bread 5 minutes. Invert bread onto large plate. Makes 16 servings.

3 comments:

  1. That looks quite tasty!

    I'll keep that in mind for my next zucchini!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks scrumptious, thanks for the recipe! I love zucchini!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very welcome. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.