- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese shredded ( 1 cup)
- 2 oz. grated Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped ( I substituted a banana pepper)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk ( may need to add additional milk if mixture appears dry - I put in 1 cup)
Mix Cheddar and Parmesan cheese. Combine flour, sugar and black pepper. Stir zucchini, red pepper and green onions into flour mixture. Add beaten eggs, milk and oil, stir until evenly moistened.
Spoon batter into pan and spread evenly. May sprinkle top with additional cheese if desired.
Bake bread 50 to 55 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool bread 5 minutes. Invert bread onto large plate. Makes 16 servings.