- The Devil's Punch Bowl by Greg Iles - This is the first book I have read by Greg Iles and I am looking forward to reading more of his work. This was a real page turner full of suspense and action. Tim discovers his bosses on the Magnolia Queen are into lots of illegal activities including dog fighting. He goes to his boyhood friend Mayor Tom Cage with his suspicions and promises to bring him the evidence.Unfortunately for Tim his bosses are willing to kill to protect their "investments".
- The Silent Blade by R. A. Salvatore -The six friends set off to take the Crystal Shard to Cadderly so he can destroy it. Wulfgar realizes that he is a liability to the group as long as memories of Errtu haunt him and strikes off on his own. Jarlaxle tricks Drizzt into giving the Crystal Shard to him and arranges a battle to the death between Drizzt and Artemis Entreri.
- Fang by James Patterson (Teen Novel) -Fang leaves the flock.
- Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold -The perfect book for a rainy day. The story of how one family deals with the murder of 14 year old Susie Salmon. Told by Susie Salmon.
- Free Lunch by David Cay Johnston - should be required reading for every American Citizen.
- The Book of Lies by Brad Meltzer - Fast paced and very enjoyable. Cal works with the homeless. One night on what he thinks is a routine run picking up a vagrant he finds the Father who disappeared from his life when he was nine. In an effort to discover what his Father is up to he calls on old friends in ICE for help. But nothing is what it seems and now Cal must find "the book" in order to stay alive and prove his innocence in his friends murder.
- Daniel X Watch The Skies by James Patterson & Ned Rust (TEEN) - Very entertaining read.
- Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts - Sweet and Romantic.
- The 9th Judgment - The Lipstick killer is targeting women with babies can the Women's Murder Club stop him.
- Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon - abandoned and mistreated as a child Nykyrian Quiakides overcomes all obstacles to be with the woman he loves.
May 29, 2010
Alasandra's Reading list ~ May
at 1:54 AM