Mar 11, 2010

"Good neighbors keep their noise to themselves."

February 28th was a nice sunny day. I was looking forward to going outside and working in my yard. Unfortunately Mr. Stephen Hiers of 12412 Old Biloxi Road (phone #392-8342) made that impossible with his go cart race track. The noise was so bad you could still hear it inside my house with the windows closed.

I wish there was some way to put a stop to this noise pollution. Go cart race tracks do not belong in residential areas. I deserve to be able to enjoy the outdoors without having to listen to engine racket from these go carts. I am sure this is also lowering the property value of my home and the other homes on this road.

I have lived in my home for 20 years, until Mr. Hiers put his go cart race track in last year this was a nice peaceful neighborhood. I want the peaceful neighborhood I moved to back. I am enraged that Jackson County officials allowed him to put this race track in my neighborhood with no consideration for the other property owners on this road. We were not even notified that this noise polluting race track was going to be inflicted on us and Mr Heirs has MADE NO EFFORT to restrict the noise from the race track by building berms around his property or taken any other steps to abate the noise and stop it from annoying his neighbors. Jackson County Officials should either shut the go cart race track down or force him to build a berm around his property.

"Good neighbors keep their noise to themselves.", unfortunately Mr. Hiers is NOT a good neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.