Dec 5, 2009

The Laundry Room Gets It's Turn FINALLY



We have finally gotten around to remodeling the laundry room (sigh, it is the last room to be remodeled). This linoleum is what was originally in the dining room, kitchen and the bathrooms. We replaced the floors in the dining room and kitchen with laminate flooring and now we are putting the same flooring in the laundry room. We put tile in the bathrooms.

This is the flooring that will be in there. Unfortunately the renovations required taking the hot water heater out, so we are currently without hot water.

For some reason the walls were never painted in here. After seeing Barb's Raspberry Mud Room I was inspired. I took myself off to Lowe's to look at paint chips. And settled on you guessed it Raspberry. It matches the strawberries and raspberries in the border I have in the kitchen nicely not that it matters but depending on what we do with the kitchen cabinets I may use it in the kitchen too. We are going to leave the pantry door open. A folding door, which is what was in there when we bought the house, takes up to much room to open. We are going to paint the pantry the same (off-white) blue that is in the rest of the house. I think the contrast will look nice.

For those of you wondering why we are going to do anything with the kitchen cabinets as they are fairly NEW. We had them custom made by a local cabinet maker. He did a HORRIBLE JOB! The paint is peeling off the cabinets and all the trim he painted and some of the trim (that was suppose to be white is a dingy yellow). I am furious every time I look at them he didn't even bother to PRIME the cabinets before he painted them. They were a total waste of our money and IF I had it to do over I would have gotten the cabinets at Home Depot, somehow some way. You can read all about the nightmare here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.