Nov 8, 2009

Dining with Alasandra

We went to The Olive Garden in D'Iberville for Hubby's birthday. The service was excellent and the place was packed but the food is only mediocre. I much prefer Capone's. I got the Venetian Apricot Chicken a grilled chicken breast in an apricot citrus sauce, served with broccoli, asparagus and diced tomatoes. The chicken breast OK and I did like the sauce but the broccoli and asparagus were tough. The salad it was served with was disappointing, but on the plus side they did keep us supplied with warm bread sticks.

3 comments:

  1. Ah yes!

    Another one that doesn't understand the power of OG!

    The service is usually the highlight!

    My mom and I have yet to figure out why our local OG is packed from open to close especially since most towns have a local restaurant deserving of the patronnage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beats me.

    They do advertise on TV a lot more then our local restaurants do so people may be more familiar with the name. There are several restaurants in Ocean Springs that you only hear about by word of mouth as they don't advertise at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reason we went is there is now one close to our house and we were pressed for time as eldest had to go to work.

    ReplyDelete

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.