Feb 1, 2006

What's in a name?

I try not to cross post, but this is an important educational issue. While many of you who are unhappy with your child's public school think charter/virtual schools could be the answer and resent homeschoolers attitudes toward them, please try to understand that what we object to is the loss of our homeschooling freedoms; not your having an alternative to your child's public schools. After all I started homeschooling because I wasn't happy with my children's public schools, and I firmly believe that parents should have the choice to educate their children in the manner they see fit; rather that be homeschooling, charter/virtual schools, private schools or public schools. But allowing public schools to co-opt the homeschooling name and refer to charter/virtual school students as homeschoolers when they are under government control, allows them to interfere with independent homeschoolers, and ultimately benefits none of us. Please read my post Why I Stand For Homeschooling on my homeschooling blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Anonymous comments or SPAM allowed. I welcome all on topic comments and civil discourse.